Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lesson on humility

Family and Friends!
Yes, I got the email and package and yes, I did a dance when I got the package!!  I LOVE Cliff Bars.  :D  (Don't get the cool mint chocolate ones anymore, they have caffeine).
Funny Moment:  Lee sensai saw a pumpkin this week with a Harry Potter scar on it and he said it reminded him of me.  My harry potter scratch is almost gone but it still gets me weird looks.
Cultural Moment:  The nihonjin shimai (native sisters) are hilarious!  They are so nice and supportive and we can get them to laugh about anything.  Lee sensai confirmed to us that almost all Japanese people are like that: genuinely nice. It is a comforting thought.  :)
Spiritual Moment:  I have been reading my partriarchal blessing A LOT.  The Large Group Meeting we had yesterday was another spiritual meeting in which the Spirit just testified to me of principles I had discovered the day before.  I know that I have been soooooo blessed.  I have been prepared for a mission my whole life.  It was great to get that confirmation from the Spirit again.
Ah-ha moment:  I got the package on thursday and I sang in sacrament meeting on Sunday (I told you I wanted that book).  IT WAS HORRIBLE!  I almost passed out, I forgot the japanese words, I was shaking uncontrollably afterward, and I felt so messed up afterward.  I realized yesterday why i felt so horrible.  I did it for the wrong reasons.  I was prideful and I was humbled with a trembling experience (like in the Book of Mormon).  It was horrible but necessary, but I won't be singing again on my mission.  Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment