Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Rough week

Hello Friends and Family,

This past weekend has been rough, really rough.  I have found that the MTC bathroom stalls are the perfect place for crying.  :)  Families are supposed to get through trials together and its been hard not being with you this weekend.  I am so relieved to finally know what is actually going on.  All the president told me was that Daxton was in critical care.  I am grateful for the information.  I am praying for you here with my whole heart.

To add to the emotional turmoil this week, I fear I have offended my best friend, and my progress with this language is pathetic.  Again, this weekend has been rough.  Avoiding comparison is hard, especially when you are the worst.  No, I am not exaggerating.  I just don't remember anything, and it is horrible.  Despite this horrible time, I have never felt closer to my Heavenly Father.  I have such a testimony of His perfect, personal, and specific love for His children.  I've had so many little things happen this weekend to remind me that God is mindful of me like: words fitting perfectly on a page, blueberries (2nd time in 10 weeks) in the wrap bar, Bobby's smile (it is so awesome to watch him light up more and more!!), a perfect opening hymn just when I needed it (Press Forward Saints, #81), and beautiful music played by an amazing piano player in my zone.  These little things have each made me cry (don't laugh), because I just felt the Lord saying, "I'm mindful of you.  I'm right beside you.  Keep going."

Ah-ha Moment:  In my personal study this weekend I've discovered many personal things about my patriarchal blessing.  Obviously I won't share them, but again, it is evidence that God is so mindful of us personally.

Spiritual Moment:  When I was in Victor Ludlow's class he said, "a Psalm a day keeps the devil away."  I have discovered this week that in addition to doing that, the Psalms provide comfort and assurance.

Cultural Moment:  The natives are so nice!  The other night there was a native Elder talking with other missionaries in the bathroom for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes the elders asked the native what he was doing.  He told them he came to go to the bathroom.  He was so nice that he waited for 30 minutes to go to the bathroom.  The poor Japanese Elder!  That is totally their culture.  They never want to inconvenience you, even at their expense.

Funny Moment: There have been so many little funny moments this week.  I know it is the Lord keeping my spirits up.  Funniest of the week though was this.  You will need a PMG (Preach My Gospel) for this.  Ahn choro from south korea mis read the section on the law of chasity on page 77.  First paragraph.  He read a sentence but didn't go to the next line; he accidentally started re-reading the same line.  So he said, "Those who break this law are subject to a lasting influence of the Holy Ghost in their lives."  We seriously laughed for 5 minutes.  It was great!  Look at it in the PMG; that line just fit perfectly.

I love you all!  My testimony is only getting stronger!  The reason this weekend was so rough was because I want to be able to hug each of you and bear my testimony to each of you!  Stay strong!  I love you all!  Read the scriptures every day!

Elder jenkins

No comments:

Post a Comment