Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I love being a missionary! :)

Hello Family and Friends!!
Happy Thanksgiving!  I hope you all had a wonderful time being thankful!!  Well, I'll just dive right in because my thanksgiving was the best day of my life.  :)
Spiritual Moment:  Yes, I spoke with the Hollands after the devotional on Thanksgiving.  They called me to the front desk, and I got some jealous looks from the other missionaries.  :)  Nelson choro was beaming (he came along for a very fun ride).  Bishop Holland just updated me and told me that he had been asked to give me a blessing.  I absolutely accepted it!!  He then said, "Let me go get a companion."  It was then that I realized who he was going to get.  He came back with his wife and his dad.  Intimidating?  No.  Exciting?  Oh yes!!  Bishop gave the blessing, with Nelson choro and Elder Holland at his sides (Nelson choro was really smiling at that point).  What happened next is extremely personal and I won't share.  It brings tears of gratitude to my eyes even as I write this.  Just know this:  God answers our prayers specifically and so personally.  I wept through the whole blessing.  I will NEVER forget that blessing.  Thanksgiving took up ten pages in my journal (a record I don't know if I'll beat).  I am just so so grateful!
Realization of the Week:  It wasn't an ah-ha moment.  I watched Elder Bednar's talk from 2005 called, "The Tender Mercies of the Lord."  I have been flooded with them since entering the MTC, especially in the last two weeks.  God is soooooo mindful of our little needs.  When we are obedient, he blesses us in the most simple, yet profound, ways.  The tender mercies of the Lord are so real.  (1 Nephi 1:20)
Funny Moment:  There is a shimai (sister) that is so funny!  Her name is Inoue Shimai.  She has been asking everyone to teach her pick up lines (as in missionaries out of our zone), and she practices them on us.  It is hilarious.  Imagine a four foot Japanese girl saying this in a broken asian accent.  "I am sorry for being so beautiful."  "Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?"  "Are you tired?  Because you have been running through my mind all day."  and then the threat:  "I am going to clean your clock."  It was so funny!!  She would say it and then just stand there and stare at you (as if to say: did I say that right?)  Good times
Cultural moment:  Japanese people are nerds.  It's awesome.  :)
Well, no time, again.  I love you all!!  Thank you for showering me with support!  I was actually great here; I just wanted to know you were all okay.  And you are.  I am so excited to be a missionary!!
Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment